AppZero containerizes and automates migration of Windows applications
What: Move existing Windows server applications with state, configuration, and data in a container.
Why: Automate moving complex applications to a cloud, saving time, labor, and costs.
How: AppZero resides on the target server, and requires no AppZero software on the source production server. The target server can be located at any destination, including in a cloud to which an application is being migrated. The app migration software runs the application-to-be-moved into an empty migration container. As AppZero runs the application it remotely “pages” its components on-demand, encapsulating them for later copy-and-run deployment. This automation eliminates the bulk of manual labor typically involved in on-boarding. An optional dissolve function eliminates packaging upon deployment.
Results: Quickly move Windows production applications to a cloud, leaving them free to move in hybrid deployments – or use AppZero’s dissolve function to remove the appzero element allowing the application to natively install.
Differentiators: Compared to machine images, an AppZero application-only image is faster to move and is available for Windows. AppZero is hypervisor agnostic, and automates Windows server application migrations.
- No change to the application
- OS up level migration -- move enterprise apps from Win2003 to Win2008 or Win2012
- Move production applications with or without data
- Windows: See supported versions here
- Cloud-independent and hypervisor-agnostic
- IIS & .NET application migrations
- Dissolve AppZero container at destination
- Automated migration of users and groups
Who benefits from using AppZero
- IT departments that have a need to migrate Windows applications to a datacenter or a cloud
- Managed Service Providers (MSP) who can bring Windows applications into their certified offerings
- System Integrators (SIs) with cloud migration practices slash time, labor, and costs of moving customer applications
"AppZero enables seamless migration of applications from one cloud environment to
another, virtually eliminating the IT project costs typical of application migration."
--Louis Lovas, Director of Solutions, OneMarketData