"AppZero enables seamless migration of applications from one cloud environment to another, virtually eliminating the IT project costs typical of application migration."
Junior/Intermediate Software Developer
AppZero is seeking a Junior/Intermediate Software Developer to work with a highly skilled and motivated team.
This full-time position in Ottawa offers a challenging development position and support role.
The ideal candidate loves troubleshooting and solving challenging technical problems and will be able to work with the Sales Engineering and QA teams in order to understand product issues, finding prompt resolution using solid and elegant code.
- Development experience with C and C++ is a must. C#, powershell, and VB are desirable
- Proficient and savvy in Linux environments
- Great debugging and analysis skills will be considered an asset. This position requires a hands-on approach to solving issues
- Must have good communication skills to discuss issues directly with customers
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment where the need to multi-task is essential and where priorities are constantly changing
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to travel internationally (infrequent)
- Work with the Engineering group and customers identifying product issues and implementation path
- Develop, debug and maintain high-quality code for our AppZero product
- Research and perform troubleshooting of the interaction between our run time component, the low level OS components and the virtualized application
- Perform sufficient unit and system testing to ensure delivery of quality software
- Maintain proper documentation and use software development methodologies
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve product releases with respect to quality, ease of use, and time to market
- Minimum of 1-3+ years experience in developing and delivering software products
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science or related
This position is located in Ottawa, Canada. If you think you have what it takes, please send your resume and a note telling us why you're a good fit to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Application for Junior/Intermediate Software Developer" in the subject line.