"Zapp is just what MSPs need to accelerate their customer's transition to the Cloud."
AppZero Enterprise for Solaris
AppZero virtualizes Solaris 2.6 and 7 applications so that they can be quickly deployed/copied, executed, and maintained on Solaris 9 and/or 10 operating systems - on hardware that is modern, supported, readily available, and inexpensive. The process is fast (hours/days), effective, and inexpensive.
First shipped in 2006, AppZero Solaris application virtualization is field-proven and well suited for many environments. Almost in a category by itself is ......
- Modernizing old Solaris 2.6 and 7 applications, appzero encapsulates them so that they can move to Solaris 10 without re-engineering. Instantly, these workhorse applications can enjoy all the benefits of hardware and Solaris innovations dating from this millennium.
Other uses include:
- ISVs who want rapid provisioning of demos and proof of concept (PoC) engagements
Workloads that need to cross operational boundaries without lock-in
- Datacenters, clouds, DR sites ...
- Scenarios in which fast distribution of software is desirable
- Datacenters looking for very inexpensive disaster recovery alternatives
- Any IT practitioner interested in reducing OS and image sprawl can leverage dynamic composition, combining separate gold OS and gold application images.
To learn more about AppZero migration services, see Solaris Virtualize-to-Modernize Migration Services.
Other information that might interest you: