Appzero is looking for a qualified Sales Engineer in the Boston area.
AppZero's Sales Engineer plays a critical role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the adoption of AppZero's products. The qualified candidate will be involved with all technical aspects of the sales process for AppZero's application virtualization technology. Primary responsibilities include: promoting AppZero's technology, providing technical guidance, and ensuring the success of the customer's experience. In short, the Sales Engineer is a high impact, visible role responsible for AppZero adoption.
- Present and demonstrate AppZero value proposition to prospects, customers, and partners
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted adviser to AppZero customers
- Understand the customer's business challenges and drive the adoption of AppZero products moving installations from department to enterprise
- Identify new use cases for AppZero products
- Communicate customer requirements and product issues on an ongoing basis to the AppZero product and development teams
- Work closely with marketing to articulate customer's technical wants, needs and expectations
- 5+ years experience in a technical pre-sales or customer-facing role
- Demonstrable track record of selling software to IT senior managers and executives
- Working knowledge of all components for large-scale application deployments, including operating systems (Windows, Linux), networking, storage, databases, and runtime environments such as web servers, .Net, Java technology
- Solid OS configuration skills at a detailed level and the ability to determine an application's footprint
- Ability to write command line scripts to assist application deployments and knowledge of techniques for integration with common deployment tools
- Ability to troubleshoot configuration problems and other technical conflicts
- Familiarity with typical IT operations and deployment processes, i.e., ITIL
- Polished communication skills - listening, writing, speaking, presenting
- Strong customer-facing and relationship building skills
- Possess the drive to succeed and to participate in the growth of an exciting, fast-paced company
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong time management, organizational and decision-making skills
- Comfortable with salesforce.com
- Ability to travel as necessary
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and experience
This position is located in Burlington, MA. AppZero offers a comprehensive benefits package, a competitive base salary with generous bonus and commission plan. If you think you have what it takes, please send your resume and a note telling us why you're a good fit to: email@example.com. Please put "Sales Engineer" in the subject line.